You must be assigned a hike leader role in order to enter events into the calendar.
How to enter an event
- Login to the website
2. Search to see if the hike already exists
3. If you find the event already in our database list of hikes then you can edit it. No need to create a new event.
4. If it is a new event, you can add a new Event.
Removing an Event from the calendar
You can cancel a hike by doing one of the following:
- Unpublish the event (See video below)
- Delete the event (See video below). Do not delete the event if we will use it in the future. Just Unpublish it.
- Edit the event and type cancelled in the title. Example: Five Islands Provincial Park (Cancelled)
Unpublishing an event
This will remove an event from the calendar but still keep it in our list of events. Basically it puts the event into Draft mode or Unpublished mode.
Deleting an event
This will remove the event completely from our list of hikes. You will not be able to delete other users events.