Gaspesie – July 8th – 16th
We’re headed for the hills !
The Moncton Outdoor Enthusiasts 2023 camping trip will be in the Parc national de la Gaspésie national park, in Quebec.
Join us for 7 days of hiking and spectacular mountain scenery.
Just an update to provide a bit of information to assist with planning your trip and to start a list of attendees.
Each person is responsible for transportation to and from the park and for booking their own camping site or other accommodation. There is no section of the Mont-Albert campground reserved for our group but several people are booked near Site 62.
We checked on some things based on experiences from our trip in 2018.
– Electricity is available at the Visitor Center and washrooms,
– There is no cell service in campground/Visitor Center area (service is available
at or near mountain tops)
– Wifi at available at the Visitor Center
– There is no longer a fee for showers at the campground
– Laundry facilities are available in the campground ($3 for washer and $2 for
dryer – loonies)
– Block and cubed ice plus a few supplies are available at Visitor Center (the
nearest stores are in Ste-Anne-des-Monts (40km)
– Gas is only available in Ste-Anne-des-Mont so fill up before you head inland
from the coast.
A tentative schedule will be prepared and distributed in advance of the trip. There will be seven days of hiking with alternate hikes on some of the days so we will need volunteers to lead some hikes. Trail information will be provided to leaders prior to the trip. If you are willing to lead a hike please contact Phil.
Could everyone who plans to attend please forward the following information to Jocelyne:
Site Number (or other accommodation)
cell phone number
Emergency Contact Name and phone number
Dates you plan to attend
Have you previously visited Gaspesie Park
Phil – email@example.com
Jocelyne – firstname.lastname@example.org
For a preview click on these links:
https://www.alltrails.com/parks/canada/quebec/parc-national-de-la-gaspesie–2 (you will have to ‘create a free account’ to access trail details and photos)